(2) Now all I have to do is connect my laptop to the television. Unfortunately PC World is too far to be there and back by 9:30am in order to buy the cables, so I'll be watching this morning's cross-country on the laptop, but at least I'll be watching it.
(3) The time has come for me to get an MP3 player. I know sod-all about MP3 players because I never listen to music when out and about (I talk to myself instead). Thus I throw myself once more on LJ. I want an MP3 player that is:
- lets me listen to downloaded podcasts or music (but I really want it for the TMS podcasts so I can hear them at work).
- has a radio that receives TMS on either channel.
- probably not by Apple as I won't be using it anything like enough to justify the price.
There are billions of MP players out there - how do I choose one?
Ed. Thanks for your responses. To clarify. I really don't listen to music or radio on the go, and I doubt this will change - if it does, I can get something better, but in the first instance my definition of "cheap" is under £30 and preferably more like £15.