- Today I went to Birmingham to the Christmas market. It was OK, and I have ten flødeboller* in various exciting flavours, though I have managed to badly squash the whisky one (oh no, will have to eat it tonight), but I was disappointed in the lack of lots of fancy glass baubles, which is what I really went for - there were very few, and no dedicated stalls. On the other hand, I had forgotten how good Rackhams is though I acquired a crick in my neck last night, so was not inclined to try things on nor to linger.
- We still haven't booked a skiing holiday. Oops.
- I am reccing Wimsey fic on crack_van this month. Had better get started!
- If Archive of Our Own is going to get anywhere, it needs to actually load when I try to access it. My home internet is not the fasted, but it isn't the slowest.
- I'm going to view a flat for sale tomorrow. I have absolutely no idea what to do about housing. I have now been in Oxford for 3 3/4 years, only half a year less than I was in Cambridge, but I still feel transient, as if I arrived yesterday. I have absolutely no idea what to do about housing - I think I've made so many wrong decisions (on various subjects) over the past 12 years that I've lost confidence in making them at all.
- Still, I could have done worse than the Australian selectors.
- I have two unexpected parties to attend, which is very cheering.
*Do we have an English name for these other than "giant marshmallow teacake with creamier than teacake filling"?